Saturday, April 28, 2007

Boston Area = Bay Area

Ok, I figured it out, here we go:

I live in:
Jamaica Plain - Heavily diverse ethnic city southwest of Boston. Known to be a bit shady and I heard it was called "Poor Man's Cambridge"
-California Equivalent: Oakland.

I work in:
Cambridge - College town, bustling with college brats, trendy shops, cafes and restaurants.
-California Equivalent: Berkeley

The big City:
Boston - Huge cultural population, expensive housing, high property value, complete with bars, nightlife, fancy hotels, the works.
-California Equivalent: San Francisco.

THE RESEMBLANCE IS UNCANNY.

1 comment:

Raul said...

Funny, when I lived in Oakland, they called it "the Poor Man's Jamaica Plain." Hmh.

I wanna hear about all the bars and pubs in Boston! Or whatever you can remember the next day.