Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Hell of a Day

Well, I get on the subway with my paper, and start doing the crossword. I try to complete it before entering the office, and I did but forgot one word. Then I saw my coworker and he asked me how it was going and I said "I didn't finish the puzzle! UGGH WHAT A DAY!" he laughed and mentioned that the day hasn't even started.. which I knew..

I sit at my desk and check out "ERROR!"

I shrug it off because the errors I had to fix before were easy, then I saw:

"LOCATED 221 ERRORS YOU ARE SUSPECT OF"

Well this is much different than my usual 2 or 3.

I spent most of the day and didn't take a lunch trying to fix these, and the coder was on my case for not reporting bugs, but I told him that I'm trying to fix these errors as fast as I can. I think he thought that me and my co-worker and supe were helping me, however I did them all. I got in at 9, and by 3, everything was all gravy. Just in time to make a deadline. So, naturally I spent most of the day screwing around, because if I compress my day, I spend about 3 hours of it doing nothing.

Oh, and I found out that piece of mail that's been sitting in my backpack for all these days wasn't a pay stub, it was my actual paycheck.. so.. good game, thank god I didn't throw it away.

No comments: